Thursday, August 02, 2007

I Found a Local Speed Trap!

I was driving home the other night after work and found a speed trap. I was even rewarded with my very own speeding ticket. My very first (and hopefully the last) speeding ticket in the 12+ years that I have been driving! UGH!

The officer was staked at the intersection after my usual exit, at the base of a hill. Normally I am exiting the freeway before his stake out location, and I am already slowing down to make my exit. But the other night was different, instead of my usual slowing down for my regular exit, I wanted to take the following exit (down the hill) to get to the grocery store. I continued on past up my exit...not slowing down plus there was the added down hill speed, and the cop caught me in a speed trap! Just at the top of the hill is the speed limit changing from 50 mph to 45 mph then the exit, the hill, and the cop. Apparently I was "clocked" at driving 61 mph in the 45mph zone.

glitter-graphics.com

The frustrating part to all of this is that I SAW the cop parked off to the side waiting for people to zoom by. When I saw him, I was already past the first exit and down the hill and had slowed down to 45 mph. I though to myself as I saw the cop pull out of his nook and started to drive on the same high way, "cool he caught somebody speeding" He turned on his lights, I moved into the next lane over to let him by...only to figure out he was moving over to my lane behind ME! He was PULLING ME OVER!??? I did not see that coming! As he handed me the ticket, I wrapped it up with a, "Thank you, no wait, NO Thank you..." The cop replied, "I understand, have a good night."

No comments: