Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We are in Montreal Canada!

Andrew and I are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. We traveled to Montreal Canada and are having a lovely time.

We made it to Montreal safetly. It is a very nice Marriott and next door is a Hilton which we will end up staying for free starting Tuesday using Andrews Diamond Member Points and we are staying the 1st two nights free using my Marriott gift card which I got from work. Our cell phones are roaming so it will cost too much to use our cells here. So we are communicating through emails instead.

I ordered Partridge (bird) for dinner tonight, it was delicious. Andrew ordered a lobster with chant rel mushrooms pasta, which was also good, and we shared a caramel flan with fresh fruits for dessert.

We will be checking out the old Montreal, St. Joeseph Oratory, and Notre Dame to name a few places.

There was a snag in our travel arrangements that we are squeezing by on. My maiden name
is KING typed on my Passport and I go by HAY (married name) on the plain tickets!!! We have been sliding through by bringing along our marriage license. UGH! So far so good. If I can't get back into the USA on Saturday, we will have to become Illegal Aliens! Just Kidding, no worries, it will some how work out.

I emailed this to my dad in-law and he replied back saying he will take care of our new car for us if we get stuck in Canada and can't get back to the states...joking back I replied saying that he could just arrange for our new car to be shipped to us. Oh and can he also ship our dog Duke out to us? That would be greatly appreciated...HAHAHA. No worries though the marriage license is working and getting me past check points with my maiden name not matching up with my current name on the plane tickets. We will (should) be back to the states on Saturday as planned. Then it will back to work for the both of us as usual. LOL.


I will post photos later at the end of the trip.

No comments: