Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Fall

Now that I live in a state that has actual seasons, I love this time of year! Fall time! Growing up in California was a year round weather with little bursts of change here and there. Mostly the weather was cool, and foggy in the morning. NO rain, NO snow, NO seasonal differences. Now we live in Missouri and we had: Blooming spring with bunnies hopping in our back yard, humid summers sipping on a tall glass of lemonade, colorful fall leaves and crisp air and soon back to Wintry white snow fall and pretty ice-trees. Each season is distinctive and beautiful in each way. I love the seasonal changes.

This will be how ever our first snow falls with a drive way to deal with this year. The past 2 winters were spent in apartments and some one else shoveled the drive ways and sidewalks. Our house doesn't come with a grounds keeper, so this will be a new challenge for us to learn how to do each morning that there will be snow. A plus side is we have a 2 car garage and can save 10-15 minutes by not having to scrape the frost and snow off of the cars. Staying parked in the garage will be a big benefit to having a house this winter.

Back to Fall time. I love the trees changing colors right before my very eyes. Each time I drive down the street and see the same batch of trees I see different shades popping up. One day the trees were all green, and then little bits of yellow were spread around leaf to leaf. Now the trees are all different with some in full colors of Maroon, orange, yellow, and some still green. It is sooooo beautiful and breathtaking to drive to work now. I keep thinking that I want to pull over and take some photos of the tree changing process, but when I am in the car I am usually on my way some where and I do not have time to stop and photograph all of nature’s beauty.
The photos I am posing on here today are some of LAST YEARS photos taken around here during the fall time. I have Sunday off of work, I think I will grab Andrew and we will go for a drive taking fall photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh i love the first photo with the raft of red leaves floating by

gats