Monday, August 04, 2008

Fun times out at the Voodoo Lounge

Me, Thea, and Janae chillin at the Voodoo Lounge



Andrew doesn't smoke Cigars much, so he bought one at the Voodoo Lounge and only smoked half of it, and threw the rest out.


We have been watching a new tv series, called Mad Men. The show is set in the 1960's office drama with an ad agency. All the ad execs smoke a cigar to celebrate the new client gained to work on a commercial or slogan. People also use to drink brandy in their offices back then! I don't see how people could drink brandy through out the 8 hr shift at an office with out getting drunk and stupid, and staying focused on work? THEN after work at the end of the day the people in the office all go out to the local bar to drink some more! (as seen through this tv show). After watching the whole season 1 to catch up to season 2 (currently starting) Andrew has been turned onto cigars! ICK. What ever, he didn't even finish the one he had that night. It is just a phase. Neither of us smoke to begin with, it is just weird.
Sarah and Amanda, at the Voodoo lounge. I wanted that fruity martini!!! But I am the designated driver sticking to my Virgin, Strawberry Daiquiri.


After the Voodoo Lounge we headed to a dive bar for Karioke. A local hang out, called Rockin Gator. The pole behind Janae is one of a few in the bar all covered with stickers and beer labels from peoples bottles. I peeled off the label from Andrews beer and stuck it on the pole. There was a guy sitting at the table where the pole is and he saw me put the label on there and just gave me a nod, like it was a sign of coolness that I contributed to the collection.

Some of the girls went up to sing for Karaoke, this gal wasn't with our group, but she did a good job singing this song by Kid Rock. I like this song, and always crank it up in my car when it comes on the radio. It a funny song about people living in LA trying to make it big and be famous.

No comments: