Friday, August 02, 2013

Yoga Pant Wearing Momma!

I was dropping off Kara this morning at preschool, and she tells me, "Momma you are wearing your jammies still!" (like it was a fashion faux pas) "No honey, these are yoga pants!" (which in reality, I wear my yoga pants as jammies...)

I'm turning into one of those people who go in public wearing yoga pants, like at a Starbucks or grocery shopping. Where it looks like the person just came from a yoga work out... from the gym, and they are making a quick stop for coffee on the way home... when really people are wearing yoga pants and a cute top for an outfit. It's like a modern day version of sweat pants and a tee. It's the upgraded version of a lazy day outfit. Granted, some of these people at Starbucks are actually wearing the pants and a cute top because they actually came from the gym or a hike....(about 3% did) the rest of "us" are just wearing jammies in public! It's becoming the staple for wearing comfy cloths out in public; and you never have to have actually step foot in a gym...it just looks like you had. Most of us, yoga pant lovers are "on the go moms."  I am dropping the kid off at school, grabbing a coffee, and going food shopping before heading back to the house on my day off. I am going to be comfortable and wear some yoga pants, in doing so.

*The photos above are celebs wearing yoga pants in public (Yoga pant wearing mommas). In a blue tank top, is Nichole Richie out and about doing errands. Dressed all in black, with black yoga pants is Elle Machpherson who just dropped of her kid at school. In the bright orange cardigan with grey yoga pants is Julianne Hough, out in public wearing yoga pants. (disclaimer* These images, I found under a Google search, "yoga pants" and some of the photos provided a title of what the celebs were doing at the time, which is how I know Elle Machpherson had dropped off her kid or kids.)


With wearing yoga pants in public, it is this better version of sweat pants, and looks a little bit more pulled together than the baggy sweat pants with a tangle up draw string. I am a yoga pant wearing Momma, and I just dropped off my kid at school wearing these. Later today I might even go into a Starbucks! Heck, maybe I will actually do some yoga!

No comments: