Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mystery Bread

Every week I go over to the Community Center, and sometimes at the front desk is a basket filled with day old pastries and breads. The local Starbucks and local Panera Bread both donates their treats to the community center to share for free. So yesterday, I picked out a loaf of white bread. This morning I sliced up two slices to make Kara's PB and honey sandwich. This was a grab and go on the way to preschool. 

She is in her car-seat trying to eat this sandwich. She then gives the sandwich back to me and asks to take the crust off...saying, "The bread is too tough for my little teeth." I figure the crust was the issue and hand it back to her to finish. After a few more bites, she just didn't want the sandwich at all. I took a bite to see what she meant by it being bitter? Turns out that the "White Bread loaf" is actually Sourdough Bread loaf. SUPER FUNNY! I had no idea. No wonder she didn't want the sandwich. It tasted horrible with the peanut butter and honey. Then she says, "I told you, the bread went bad and now it is in my little tummy! I'm to poop it out!" 

I thought this was hilarious, and she was so serious about this all. As a parent I have to hold back the laughter and stay concerned for her and empathize with my daughter that she was given a bad sandwich. It's hard not to laugh about it infront of her. I am thankful that she tried it and sorry that she didn't have much of a breakfast this morning. So now she is in preschool, and hopefully a bigger appetite now for lunch time.

The photo below is a photo from the Panera Bread of the sourdough bread. Better used for a tuna sandwich or garlic bread. :)




No comments: