Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Food For Thought

I was just noticing a few names of restaurants where the name is conflicting with what they serve, and then names of bands where they are named after food. Two odd categories of odd names. If any of you out there in the World Wide Web, know a little background on why these categories are named these names, fill me in by leaving a comment.
Here it goes: first there are restaurants where thier names don't reflect thier food...

1) Red Squirrel ~ why would I eat somewhere with squirrel in the name? People say they have great sandwiches, but I will just have to pass.

2) Red Robin ~ I have eaten there and they don't serve the robin bird on the menu, they serve great burgers and chicken, not robins though, so why be named after 'Robin'?

3) Red Fox ~ Notice a theme here, so far these are all a RED animal, why is this? The Fox part leads me to think they hunt down there menu and serve it in their restaurant. ??? I don't think we are aloud to eat Fox? I haven't eaten there either; I believe it is a sandwich place.

4) Quiznoes ~ OK name, but AUFULL advertising. About a year ago they ran a commercial with SINGING RATS, singing there Quiznoes jingle. It was disturbing, and now they have a talking computerized baby on the current commercials. How do rats for advertising suppose to strike my interest to eat there? I will stick to the Subway sandwich instead. Have never eaten there before and definitely turned away from the singing rats to want to eat there now. If I found myself eating one of their meals, those singing rats would pop into mind and spoil my appetite. GROSS!

5) Elephant Bar ~ great apple-tinis and delicious potato skins!

6) Claim Jumper ~ for the longest time I thought it was called Clam Jumpers (clams don’t jump?)
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
Now the Music industry naming their bands after FOOD!
1) Smashing Pumpkins 8) Ice Cube

2) Meatloaf 9) Limp Bizkit (Biscuit)

3) Korn (corn) 10) The Lemonheads (I love that candy!)

4) Phish (fish) 11) Red Hot Chili Peppers

5) Ambrosia 12) the Raspberries

7) Black eyed peas 13) The Cranberries
6) Cake 14) Garbage (all the food that’s thrown out after getting spoiled) :D

The list goes on with food named music bands, many I either don’t know of, or just drew a blank on…add them to my comments and we can get a whole grocery store shopping list of music! Some of these names are silly, and yet great music. Maybe the oddly named restaurants are the same way; I just need to go beyond the name “Red Squirrel” and try their food. Who knows they may actually have great food, but from lack of a better name I have not eaten there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and bands from the 60's Bread & mitch's favorite Cream & the short lived career of Vanilla Ice from the 80's

gats

Martiel said...

Oh yeah How could I forget Vanilla Ice and his edgy hair style? Vanilla ICE ICE BABY!