Sunday, December 03, 2006

Beautiful Snow White

Here are some photos I took of our first snow fall for the winter season here in Missouri. People have said the snow has come early this year, and usually starts snowing in the later part of December, in St. Louis. Last Wednesday (Nov 30) was a warm sunny day at 68 degrees, with weather reports of a snow storm coming Thursday and Friday. It was hard to imagine snow, back when it was nice weather just a day before. Thursday morning started out with rain and slush, and then by 2pm the rain was changing to freezing rain, and snow accumulating on the ground. The freezing rain was like little pellets of hard snow hitting us as my coworkers and I were outside trying to scrape the ice off of our cars. Driving home I was a little tough with the rain/snow on the ground, it was a little slushy to drive through. Friday was easier to drive in, and the roads were more cleared up by snow plows and the snow had stopped falling.

Friday was filled with breath taking moments. To see the grounds all blanked with snow, it was beautiful.

Here is a photo I took of a Robin bird eating some berries that are in the tree.

Friday morning I had to go into work, and Andrew's office was closed, he had the day off, so he helped shovel snow from behind my car. Here is a photo I took of him before I drove off to work.


Then there were cars parked at my work Friday with ice cycles on the bumpers, I took a photo of one of the cars parked near my car.


The snow was all melting from the sun and then freezing back to become ice trees. Saturday morning I was out in Des Peres, MO, and took this photo of some ice trees where the sun is shinning through the branches.





When I got home there were ice cycles on the carport, so I took photos of those too.




I want to take a photo of a bunny in the snow, but have not had the chance. There are bunnies that live outside and hop around, and I think they would make a nice photo against a snowy backdrop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martiel,
Your blog is great!!! I wish I would have known you were in town over the holidays I would have liked to had lunch with you. I am still going to school but I got a teaching job. I work for Azusa Unified. I love it! Everything is good, Denise also bought a house and Anna of all people is pregnant with the same boyfriend she had while you were still out here. Her baby is due in July its a girl.
Jane