Sunday, November 04, 2007

Funny Conversations

Every now and then I get caught up in silly conversations, where it is so ridiculous it sounds like we are talking right out of a sitcom comedy.

Last year when I was working at a retail shop I was unpacking a box of new arrivals with a coworker. My coworker pulls out some new throw pillows, in an orange design.
...unpacking new shipment and placing the product on the shelf with a coworker...

Coworker: " these pillows have cute the patterns but they are all in Orange."
Martiel: "What is wrong with the orange?"
Coworker: "I don't like orange, but I like these pillows."
Martiel: "Do you like Blue?"
Coworker: "I love Blues! I have some blue in my decor at home."
Martiel: "well the color orange is blue's complementary color..."
Martiel: "therefor you should like orange as an accent color to use in your home like this pillow"
....Hitting her on her shoulder with the orange throw pillow....

It was a funny moment, something straight out of a sitcom.

...Turning my car in to the auto body shop...

Martiel: "hello, I am here to get my car fixed."
Shop guy: "ok, I will just jot down some information about your vehicle."
Martiel: " I am driving the Mazda parked out side."
Shop Guy: "What color is your car?"
Martiel: "Mocha"
Shop Guy: "Excuse me? Brown?"
Martiel: "no, not brown, more like tan or Mocha"
Shop Guy: "Ok, beige"... and starts to write in beige on his form.
Martiel: "It is not beige, it is tan, oh what ever I don't think it matters."

I am a lady with knowlage of colors, and I have noticed that guys usually do not know colors by shades and just know the basic color pallet. It was so funny, when he asked me the color of my car, because I just said what the actual color was from when I bought it. I am pretty sure when I picked the car color, the color chip was named Mocha! Just like my other car before this one was called "Sand" Which in color terms for guys is Beige!

Working at the hotel....I see Johnie the bellman as I stop in to pick up a paycheck.

Johnie: "Hi Martiel, saying it in a "rude way"
Martiel: "Hello to you to Johnie"
(not realizing he was being rude)
Johnie: "I'm sorry, don't mean to be rude"
Martiel:"You are not rude. "
Jonnie: "Yes I was..."
Martiel: "You can only be rude if the person you are being rude to believes that you are rude to them...I didn't think you were rude to me...therefor you are not rude."
Jonnie: "Come agian?"
We just started laughing. My logic some how makes sence to me, but once I started my explanation, it just came out all complicated and funny.

Andrew and I were saying something about the future when we get around to having kids.

Martiel: ".......Kids"
Andrew: "Singular, not plural!"
Martiel: "what?"
Andrew: "you said the word KIDS with an S, we are only planning on having a kid - singular, not kids with an S, so far..."

I am constantly coming across funny moments with people like these situations. Funny times like straight out of sitcom, it makes life fun and filled with laughter, and giggles.

No comments: