Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oxymorons


Oxymoron as defined by the dictionary: A figure of speech in which incongruous or contradictory terms appear side by side... My definition: Two things that clash, and are contradictory. I tried a new gum flavor by Orbits, it confused my taste buds! At first it was a minty but melon flavor, and as I continued to chew it, the flavor turned more to an orange flavor with a hint of the minty. Towards the end of the flavor just before the gum becomes flavorless, it start to taste like chocolate! The gum was an Oxymoron! It contradicted what flavor of gum it should be. my mouth had a party of flavors going on.


Another Oxymoron today was while I was waiting at the drive-thru for Steak-N-Shake. The landscaping has lava rocks for ground cover around the small bushes. The other day a light snow fell and remains on the ground where the sun hasn't melted it away yet. The lava rocks were covered in snow! An oxymoron is the lava rocks are related to something HOT and snow is related to something COLD. Two things that contradict one another, an oxymoron.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey that new orbit gum flavor sounds fun, but you didn't say what flavor it was T.T

gats

Martiel said...

I don't know the flavor of the gum, because a coworker gave me a piece. the brand was orbits.