Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vrrm Vrroommmm!

Last Saturday Andrew and I went to a 2008 Car Show. Every make and model was displayed, anywhere from Ford to Lexus! Some cars on display were consept cars not out on the market yet. Andrew's favorite concept car was the Chevrolet Camero, and mine was the Hybrid sedan, I think it was by Toyota? The Camero went off the market back in 2000 when Andrew was looking at buying a car. He ended up buying a GMC Blazor and not the last of the Cameros. Eight years later th camero is back and in the spot light.
The rear view mirrors on the doors were designed to narrow, so to look "cool" but they are not functional being so narrow. The official camero design will come out looking similar but with wider door mirrors, to be fuctional.

The hybrid car that I liked comes in a regular gas car version as well. I don't know why the car makers would make two of the same car like that though. The Hybrid version was $2000 more in price. The regular version looked exactly the same and has all the same features, except for being a hybrid. I think splurging the extra $2000 would be better for the environment and gas milage overall. Why pick out the regular car? I am pretty sure it was a Toyota car brand.
Other cars I liked were the Dodge Cavilar, Rav4 small Suv, and the Lexus Suv.
What I like about the Toyota Rav4 is the back door. Usually on SUVs the back door opens upwards ant with the Rav4 the door opens outwards. Very nice! (see photo below)

Here I am sitting in the drivers seat of the Rav4. My new dream car for when my current car goes cupput.



Outside of the car show was an obstacle course for test driving three different cars. You could either test drive a Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Tundra or a jeep car, which I didn't get the brand name of it. It was free to test drive through the obstacle course! Andrew and I both drove the Toyota Tacoma truck. Starting off the course with driving under the bridge, then down a curb, 25 degrees titled, then up a hill to where the driver can not even see the ground any longer. The hill is pictured above where the truck is driving under the bridge. The guide who sits in the front seat with you is directing you by the flags boardering the lane. SCARY! I just had to trust the guide and continue to drive forward. Then at the base of the the hill was another slanted hill set to a 30 degree angle! (photo below) The guide told me to stop the car, resting on the slant, to wait for the truck ahead of me to go ahead further in the course. I think he wanted to see me sweat, and was yanking my chain, having me stay there on a 30 degree slant. CRAZY! The truck was resting on two wheels it felt like, I could probably touch the ground if my window was open. Ending the obstacle was a tee-ter-totter. I drove slowly up the ramp and evened the truck forward letting the truck go forward on its own as it tottered forward. If you drive the onto the teeter-totter properly there is a small sound landing at the end. Some drivers go on the ramp too quickly (Andrew) and make a thump going down off of the teeter-totter. This was so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O.o obstacle course - sounds like fun!

ps, really like that bottom pix of you

gats