Friday, September 19, 2008

There is something in the water...

There is something in the water, but it is not always good.

To keep hydrated, I have been drinking allot more water, now that I am pregnant. Trying out specialty water is fun, with all of the different types of water out now. Bottled water has added bonuses to the bottle now more than ever. It is not just filtered water in a bottle anymore. There are bottled water called, Smart Water, Life Water, Vitamin Water,etc. Most recently, a water came out called, "Perfect Water!"

Well, put all of the other waters out of business, because this brand claims to be the PERFECT Water, one can't get any better than that! RIGHT? At the hotel I work at, a marketing group was staying there and launching the "Perfect water" in our St. Louis area and gave us all free bottles of their "Perfect Water" to try.

First off the packaging is perfect. It looks catchy and expensive. It looks like water that I should be drinking, this water is "Perfect." I want to drink that water and quench my thirst. The design of the bottle is alluring. It pops off the shelf, from the rest. OOOH AHHH! Perfect water!!!! Must drink this water...

So what is so perfect about this water anyway?...let's look at the label. QUOTE! "Empowered drinking water." "The Ultimate Fluid to Empower Your Body and Mind." Around the base of the bottle reads, "Health, Lifestyle, Taste, Performance"

This water is Purified, remineralized, ionized, microstructured, and oxygen rich...WHAT? Oxygen rich? what the heck, as soon as I open up the bottled water (of any kind) take off the cap oxygen flows in (called air!) and the water becomes "Oxygen rich" - for free! lol.

Now the nutrition label. 18mg sodium? ingredients sodium chloride. Isn't that not good for us? not sure? 0 carbs, that is good. It is water after all, should not be in there anyway. 1 mg of Potassium, cool I could always use a little potassium, that is good for me. I could also just eat a banana!

NOW how does this water taste? Remember now I have been drinking allot of bottled water lately, so I know a clean, crisp taste of yummy water when I take that first sip. The "Perfect water" tasted like TAP WATER!!! WHAT THE HECK? This company spent more money on the packaging and title of their water and forgot the most important part, the taste of bottled water! I would not be buying a bottle of water just to be drinking, TAP! Give me the kitchen sink for that or a garden hose! This sure does not taste like Perfect Water!

Nice try, good packaging. Tweak it a bit more, then re-launch the perfect water.

No comments: