Thursday, March 05, 2009

Confessions from a Prego

The last two times, Andrew has gone food shopping. Both times he has bought Oreo cookies. I never buy oreos when I food shop, and didn't realise Andrew likes oreos. These cookies are sitting on the counter, wanting to be eaten. These are not even my favorite cookie, just an ordinary type cookie to me. I realize now that Andrew has always liked Oreos. Back when we use to go to Applebee's (years ago, when we lived in San Luis, CA) he would usually order an Oreo Shake. Here in Missouri is a drive up diner called Sonic, and Andrew usually orders the Oreo Shake there as well. Oreos are a favorite of his, that I never noticed over the 10 years that I have known him.


So the other day, I am eating taquitos with ranch dressing. My plate has a bit of ranch left on it... I am 9 months prego, so I am going through some experimental food phases/cravings. I look at my Oreo, look at the ranch puddle on my plate... look at the Oreo again. My mind is screaming don't do it! My hand is dipping the Oreo into the ranch, and headed towards my confused taste buds. Mmm? ??? Oddly enough this tastes good? This must be a pregnancy food experiment. I must not admit this to anyone that I have dipped the Oreo into ranch.


photo of Oreos provided by Yahoo Images

1 comment:

Leona said...

You are so funny!!!!!!! Just wait until after shes born, thats when YOU REALLY GET YOUR grub on:) with nursing, all I did is want to eat:)