Tuesday, August 02, 2011

What a DAY!

This day started off with dropping Andrew off at the airport for his week of training in TX, for his work. Then I was close to my old work place and decided to visit with Kara. I had worked there when I was prego with Kara and changed jobs about a year after she was born. So everyone was glad to see how big Kara was, and mentioned how quickley time had passed.

Fast forward to 9am we are at the mall and I walked for an hour... doing laps around the mall with Kara in the stroller. It is now 10 am, the shops are opening, a good stopping point to let Kara play in the kids area. After about the 10th time of her going down the slide and climbing all over the place, we see the train ride show up. I saw a few moms gathering to go ride on the train with their kids. So I grabbed Kara to go partake in a really cool ride on the kiddy train. It cost $6 for us both to ride together. We had our very own train car to sit in. Kara is big on Trains right now, she loves Thomas the train and all types of transportation. This was a perfect thing to treat her to, for being so well behaved today. The train ride starts at the kids play area and goes around the mall in one complete lap and ends back at the play area. Kara loved the whole ride! She was waving to people shopping at the mall, and making the "choo choo" sound. Pure excitement for a two year old... I had fun too!

After the train ride, I popped into a store to find a pair of shorts. Sadly, none of my three pairs of shorts, that I already have, fit this season...Summer is practically over, so I really only need one pair to enjoy the heat comfortably. I hate that I even had to buy a pair of shorts at the end of summer. I made it the whole summer with out shorts?! odd. This pair I bought today were $19, couldn't go wrong.

Only sad part, was the store is called "Dress Barn." I never shopped there before. To me, it sounds like a horrible name for a fat people store...and I was now in that category of Barn sized people to shop at Dress Barn...

I grab the size 12 to try on...it was just snug and not comfortable to wear. This was that boarder line size of fitting but not really. I thought, well... I guess I need to try a 14?! Seriously? I then thought, Kara is right there in the dressing room, I can't let her see me sad over a number... a lousy size number! That would be the start of her being self cautious of sizes and such.

I laughed it off, saying "too small, lets go find a different pair of shorts." I tried on the 14 and they fit so perfectly...and she says to me, "Too small..." she was just parroting what I had said of the size 12s. She has been learning lately the differences in sizes like her hat is too big for her dolly, and my shoes are too big for her little feet, etc. So this is another size comparison and I try to play it off like no big deal, going to buy a size 14 because they fit just right. In the end, it IS JUST THAT. It is a number, a size, a secret number too. When I am wearing these shorts out in public, it is not labeled on the outside letting everyone know my size number. And for those reading this, who cares!? Size is size. No "Big" deal (haha pun intended). Fourteen, shmorteen! I am though going to get back to my size 12 clothes and stay comfortable there though. It is a new goal for me. I am not going to obsess over my weight and get into being a size 6 or 8...my idea behind the 12 is that most of my wardrobe fits there and I will save money if I stay steady at 12. Buying this one pair of shorts was $20, and if I have to go replacing all my clothes from 12 to 14 that will get expensive and be a waist of time. I just need to nip this in the bud and get back to a comfortable 12. So the thought of getting to an 8 is just as bad as the 14 in the sense of having to get all new clothes. Solution solved with walking laps around the mall with the old people and other moms pushing strollers in the mornings.

No comments: