Thursday, December 08, 2011

Numbers! Crazy Amounts All Day Long!

Today has been a whirlwind of numbers! I can't believe all the crazy amounts and numbers of everything I came across today. Breaking this blog entry into 3 parts to my day of numbers.

Part I of the Numbers Whirlwind:

Starting off with a dental appointment, I wasn't going to be covered with insurance for my check up because it is not officially 6 months later, until the 23rd of December! It is 6 months after June, but not quite the time slot of getting the next checkup/cleaning. Technicality. I was already there for the appointment and what was covered was Xrays and not much else. So I get the Xrays done and a reading of my teeth with some doo-hicky blue light gizmo. (Photo of my actual teeth above) The readings tell the Dentist that I have 7 cavities!? WHAT!? I don't know about that! I decided I need to get a second opinion, and see how many of these 7 cavities are actually necessary for fillings... and which are just being counted as a number detected by the doo-hicky blue light gizmo? This is so hard to think that I have 7 cavities!? I have had one cavity in my entire 33 years... and now 7? So that was my first big, crazy number for my day.

Part II of the Numbers Whirlwind:

The next crazy number I came across today was the 2 bags of potatoes, I had to peel for a recipe I used for dinner. As I am peeling one pound of potatoes, I'm realizing that I could have substituted the bags of potatoes for pre-made Mashed Potatoes instead. Why was I making mashed potatoes from scratch? and WHYwas I just starting the process of all this peeling and so forth at 6:30p.m. ? This recipe was a meal for two people, and calls for ONE POUND of potatoes! I was up to my ears in mashed potatoes!

By the time I got to the step mixing with my electric mixer in the TWO bowls, my emotions were getting all mixed up as well! I was getting so upset while blending this all, and it already being 2 hours later, and to see that the amount of mashed potatoes I had just finished making was for a serving size of 12 people or so!

The recipe was to make Potatoes and Ground Beef Gravey. It was so gross, and way too much to eat in one meal. The plate was just Mashed Potatoes and gravy! I didn't understand how we could just eat Mashed Potatoes for dinner. Normally this is a side dish with an entree and a side of veggies, not to be eaten as a meal all of its own! This was absolutely ridiculous.

Courtesy of the Emealz plan I have been following for the past year now. A meal plan for TWO...not 12. All my other recipes that I have followed through Emealz has been fine and no big deal. Like the other day, I actually made a Quiche! It turned out great! The Quiche was actually from the same week that this meal is on. This recipe for the potatoes must have had a miss print in the number of potatoes? I can't get over how annoyed I was, making a pound of mashed potatoes! That ruined my whole appetite and my love for Mashed Potatoes. I don't want to see or hear the mention of Mashed Potatoes for a long while.

Part III to my crazy numbers day.

 I am shopping at the store to buy a few things, and the Toddler Pull-ups for Kara are on sale for $9.47 in size 3-4. Then the size of 4-5 is at the regular price of $15. These are the same exact training pants and about the same size. The 3-4 size comes as a 40 count package and the 4-5 size comes as a 33 count package. So I logically am going to buy the 3-4 size (Kara fits both size ranges) and pay $9.47, saving me $6 and getting 14 extra pullups!

I am now at the check out counter and the register rings these up at the $15 price. Uhh, NO! These are marked $9.47? The cashier and I go over to the shelf, and she saw the price for $9.47 and says she can price change that for me...So I grab a second package to be able to get two of the 40 counts at $9.47 each. In the end I got 14 extra pullups and saved $12! SCORE! I was so happy for their price mistake.

To wrap up my whirlwind day of numbers, that is 7 questionable cavities, 1 pound of potatoes made into 2 large bowls of Mashed Potatoes, for a meal for 2 people, and a $12 savings on Pull-ups, and 14 extra or free Pull-ups with that deal. Crazy day of numbers indeed. I am the only one who can count, apparently. The Dentist is counting a few too many cavities. The recipe provider at Emealz is counting way too many potatoes to feed two people. and The Pullups training pants is giving away pullups with the miss-marked price deal.

1 comment:

Martiel said...

AN UPDATE: the 1 pound of potatoes turns out is only about 3 potatoes or so...I grabbed TWO bags marked 5 lbs and missread this as .5 lbs (1/2 pound) and was actually making 10 POUNDS of mashed potatoes! THAT IS WHY IT TOOK TWO BOWLS TO MAKE & TWO HOURS LATER, and enough to feed 12 people... DETAILS!