Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nano Nano! 7th Generation

Happy Birthday Sweety, I got you an iPod Nano!
(images of the iPod Nano Generation 6, *photos off Yahoo Image search)

Petite Square size
Watch band case to use
Clips onto clothes for walking

Originally my dad ordered, online, an iPod Nano in gold color for my birthday. The order was never shipped because my zip code was wrong. That was corrected and then I got it in the mail. The Nano was the wrong GB size, so I exchanged it for the 16 GB and kept it the same gold color.

New Gen 7 iPod Nano
Now today, the supplier calls me to say the 6th Gen iPod Nano no longer exists! They are out of stock to fill my order for the Gen 6 Nano in a 16 GB size. There is now a 7th Gen iPod Nano to have instead... for an even exchange. It won't cost me a penny more, to get the brand new version.

 iPod Nano Gen 7 is in different colors and a rectangle now vs. the small square shape. The new Nano also looks like there is not a clip feature to be able to clip it to my clothes for walking? Bummer! The colors of this Gen 7 version have more of an 80s feel to it. The "green" is like an Aqua color and the purple is more of a Lilac color and the "blue" is a bright teal color. I had a hard time choosing from the new color selections and just went with the "green" Aqua color.
Gen 6 color selection

 I liked the Gen 6 colors better. The green in Gen 6 Nano was more of an Apple green. I loved the Gen 6 iPod Nano in the Gold, which my dad picked that color out, when he bought it online for my birthday. I really just wanted the Gen 6 Nano, with its small square size. These are obsolete now. Even the Apple Store, online, was out of stock of the Gen 6 version. I have been looking for the past year, for an MP3 Player to store all my songs off of CDs. I have researched and learned all about the different styles of iPods. Narrowing my decision to the cute, little, square, iPod Nano in the 16 GB size Generation 6, with a clip. I even picked the colors of either the Gold or the Apple Green.

Am I looking a gift horse in the mouth? I not only got the iPod Nano as a birthday gift...but in the end it gets upgraded to the newest addition of iPod Nano Gen 7. I should be flabbergasted that I get the new one for an even exchange from the Gen 6 one...but I'm just settling for it instead. I settled on the Gen 7 with Aqua green color, and rectangle shape.

 From the old 70's TV show, Mork & Mindy... Mork would say, "Nanu Nanu!" or for the iPod, I say, "Nano Nono!"

No comments: