Monday, September 10, 2012

Tomorrow's Date Is Unsettling To Me

Am I letting my mind get all tangled up in thought? Am I the only one to realize...am I thinking to much into this?

The other night I was settling down to bed, chatting with my husband about the week ahead. I need to get the car tuned up on Monday...he has a meeting coming up... I work on Sunday, September 9th...Wait it's September 11th coming up? This year is 2012, 11 years later!

I remember how there was so much speculation and calculations with the numbers all adding up to the number ELEVEN. The Twin Towers even looked like the number 11. This year happens to be 11 years later? Is something going to happen? Are we going to have another attack? Nothing has happened on any of the previous anniversary years of "9/11" but those were not 11 years later...am I looking into this and starting to freak out over nothing? Why was I starting to cry, why was I even thinking about all of this on a Friday night, back on Sept. 7th?

My husband is listening to me think this out loud, and comfort me into saying, "I don't think anything will happen...and if it were to happen, the Government probably realized this date a few months ago and have been planning together and coming up with a strategy...The President will probably be on "vacation" that day and in a bunker to be on the safer side"  blah blah blah. He was trying to make it all better and calm my thoughts. Then I am thinking back to that day in 2001, and how it was on a Tuesday...I instantly hopped out of bed and checked the calendar on my phone, Sept. 11, 2001 WAS on a Tuesday, and here it is 11 years later on a Tuesday again! IT WAS SO SPOOKY. Gave me chills.

Now on this day it is September 10th, Monday. I need to take my car in for a tune up, in about an hour...I hope tomorrow is just another day, which happens to be September 11, 2012. I hope it doesn't matter what date the day is tomorrow at all. I hope President Obama is out campaigning for his Election and running around with a sense of calmness. I hope that Tuesday is just a Tuesday, and we can all live on like it was all a distant nightmare... that will NOT repeat itself, and we can move on from this. Maybe we can even enjoy our Tuesday, tomorrow.

My plans for tomorrow is work, and then I am off at 3pm to enjoy the rest of that Tuesday with nice weather, and maybe an ice cream or go to a park to play with my daughter. I am not going to let "them" win or mess with my thoughts. I will enjoy my Tuesday and I will enjoy September, November, December and all the rest of my years to come. I pray for the safety of our Nation and I pray that tomorrow is just another day. I hope that I simply got carried away and that my mind was tangled up in thoughts. Thoughts that are just that, thoughts, and not anything but a crazy thought.

I'm sorry, I brought any of this up, stirring up any sad memories, that you (the reader) may have of this sad day that once was. I had to blog it and get it off my mind. I am pretty sure my blog is not the only blog out there about this similar subject. Enjoy your Tuesday, and embrace those you love.

*image is of our Current President, Obama at the Memorial site. Found it by image search on Yahoo. It seems fitting to post here on the blog post.*

1 comment:

Kalanit said...

This day on any given year is not an easy one. I always think of other countries that have terrorism on their soil regularly and think, "How is it that they can get through each day?" This one day has such an impact on all of us here in the US. I hope and pray that our soil does not become a playground for such activity.