Monday, June 05, 2006

The Taste of Cincinnati

I am behind on my Blogging...

Last weekend, for Memorial Day, I went to the Taste of Cincinnati, with my friends Janie and Michael. This was the first out door event of the season of summer heat. Wear short sleeves, sunscreen, and drink plenty of frozen lemonade! We had a fun time; there were booths set up of local restaurants serving sample size portions of their delicious foods. One of my favorites was the Strawberry and shortcake chocolate fondue, from the Melting Pot booth. Another favorite was the Meatballs on a stick from the Bella Luna booth. Then to end our hot day there we enjoyed some Greater's Ice cream to cool off.

While the three of us were enjoying the Taste of Cincinnati, we ran into Mr. Peanut! There were also booths that had instant win wheels, where we spun the wheel to win a prize. One was for Career Builder.com and I won a free T-shirt. Another was pie brand to spin their wheel, Janie and I won a T-shirt and Michael won a sun visor. We also saw people with cameras taking group photos and we had them take our photo, then the photographer would give us a coupon to go to a website and type in the photo code to reveal the photo of us taken at the event. I have two photos which I can not retrieve from these sites. UGH! If and when I do, I will post the photos here. I do have the photos of us with Mr. Peanut (below).

Micheal, Mr. Peanut, and Janie
Martiel and Mr. Peanut (and the best frozen lemonade booth in the background)

This was a fun day overall. When we were done "tasting Cincinnati" it was only 2 o'clock, so we then went to the movies for a matinee of "Over the Hedge." By that time my money flow ran short and I borrowed $2 from Janie, (Thanks Janie).

No comments: