Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I didn't get lost; I just took the scenic route.

I am not going to call it lost; it was more like exploring my surroundings. This is something good to do when new to an area and I don't know where anything is.

I have just spent the last 2 hours driving around and introducing myself to Missouri. The main road that I live off of apparently has TWO Sonic fast foods located on this verrrrry looooong street. For the past week I have used the Sonic fast food place as my land mark to know when I am near my apartment complex. Today, when I was on my 2 hour scenic drive home, I finally came across "the" Sonic fast food and proceeded to where I thought my apartment would be at. (Only to realize that this was a different Sonic and I was headed in the wrong direction!)

UMMMM? Where is my apartment complex?!



Still not lost, just finding a new route to get home. On my new way home, I drove through a cute, little, touristy part of town. There was a crowd of people hanging outside with a live band playing music, it looked like fun. I opted to keep on driving home, instead of getting sidetracked by the touristy part of town. I'll check it out again on a day I have more time to explore, at the moment of discovery all I really wanted to do was find my apartment complex.

I am now safe at home, sitting here at my desk, writing in my Blog, with not much more to say.

Leave me a comment on what scenic routes you have found going somewhere. :)

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hi & welcome to the city! (thanks for visiting my blog, I saw your comment :-)

I'm in the western suburbs. When the leaves change colors, be sure to take a drive on 40West to Hwy94 (go left towards New Melle) and you will be in wine country. Seriously! The wineries are out there and the river--it's beautiful.

ttys, C

Chrissy said...

Hi! French Toast: Assemble according to recipe in a glass 9x13 pan--if it has a lid, great, 'cause you'll need a lid while it's in the fridge. While it's baking in the oven, remove the lid. Pyrex glass can go from cold to hot, I think....I usually let the glass warm up a little before I put it in the oven. :-)C

Anonymous said...

dad said...Tues. 7/25/06 B & B, your Mother, & I drove around Santa Margarita looking at real estate, ending up in California Valley, temp somewhere above 111 degrees. We then were going to the Cambria house, so I took a shortcut on Bitterwater Creek Rd. to Cholame on Hwy 46, where we went to the James Dean Mem'l (Uncle Brian is a fan). Cool & foggy in Cambria. B & B are starting to think Cambria house pretty nice. Love, Dad

Martiel said...

April! you drunken gal, congrats! Wow, I am secretly excited for you guys! We will definatly drive out to KY to be whitnesses or attend a small ceromony! Can't wait.