Sunday, September 10, 2006

Summer Has Fallen

Strange how the season has changed right before my very eyes! I noticed some of the trees were sun-kissed with some yellow leaves on what once were full green. The end of the summer, the start of school days, yellow buses and yellow leaves. A few weeks back I was at Walgreens, right about the end of August and saw some bits of fall colors appearing on the new shipment sitting clustered together in a small section of the retail shelf. A hint of fall, while it was still August, and I am standing there in my tank top, looking at this "fall" merchandise, it dawned on me Summer is ending and Fall is beginning! YAY! I love this season! =)

The leaves turn and Mother Nature puts on her make up, and true fall beauty. I love the rainbows, and renewed life and all the warmth this season brings. I look forward to wearing sweaters again, and drinking apple cider. I really enjoyed the fall season last year, and look forward to it again. It is nothing I really saw growing up in California so I am enjoying it now, all around me the beauty of the season.


Another season changing is the sports from Baseball to Football. Now that I live in Missouri, I guess I am rooting on the Rams and the Cardinals flew on by, I didn't even get a chance to go to a game. Football is taking over now.

For the first part of living in the area, I kept coming across the phase "go cards!" and it took me a blond moment to realize it means "go Cardinals! (the baseball team!) Man did I feel dumb. So I went from Dodgers, to Reds, to Cards now. The football is fun too, I always liked baseball more. In Ohio is the big phrase was, "Who Dey?" for thier team The Bangles. I don't know the Rams phrase, I am sure a St. Louis local will tell me, or leave a comment and clue me in. LA doesn't have a foot ball team, so it was pretty much who ever you are rooting for, or who is playing in the super bowl that year. Now I have lived in states with football teams and it is very noticable, plastered all over the place with merchandise of the home team, and coworkers looking forward to Saturday going to the game and tailgating.

Seasons are changing, each unique with sports and in nature, both fun to live through which ever the season what ever part of the year. Right now it is the begining of Fall/Football Season, and I am loving it!

3 comments:

Martiel said...

LOL, Bangles are also the 80s style braclets we use to wear, made out of colored plastic! Funny. I had a feeling I was spelling the Bengals wrong as I typed it, but didn't take the time to look it up. You got me. :)

Anonymous said...

LA hasn't had a football team for about 10 years - they USED to have a team called the RAMS, who moved away to some god-forsaken berg, or something

gats (from california) ;:P

Martiel said...

Gats,

You are right, the Rams use to be in California, now they are in Missouri. I thought that at first but don't know enough about sports teams to have been sure. Guess I was right after all about the Rams.