Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Gum-Alley SLO, CA

We flew out to California to visit family and friends. We started out with the Morro Bay area visiting my home town, then visiting the Woodland Hills area Andrew's home town. Saturday we landed in San Luis and stopped by the Gum-alley to document some of it. Gum-alley has been around for as long as I can remember. Some people stick gum on the walls spelling out their names or stick coins on there with the gum, etc. Here is where someone spelled out "Emily" I stuck a new penny to some gum.
I figured this Gum-alley will not be here forever, it may be cleaned up some day or one of the two buildings will be torn down and it would be the last of Gum-alley. I have lost track with where all of my gum is stuck through out the years. I could not find my initials I once left but saw neat examples of how creative people get.

Here is a mural made from gum . It is of a guy blowing a big bubble gum. I can not even begin to guess how many packs of gum it took to make this gum mural.

No comments: