Monday, February 16, 2009

My Expensive Ice is Melting!

I went to the Shell gas station this morning to fill up. I am amazed at how cheap my full tank was! $1.79 per gallon, filling up the car from E gas-level, comes to a total of $19.95...under $20 bucks!


I went inside to get a hot chocolate and danish for the road. The hot chocolate is of course 100 degrees too hot coming out of the coffee fountain. I grabbed a cup of ice to drink along with it. Being considerate, I took a small cup to fill my ice up...didn't want to waist the larger cups. The gas attendant charged me 24 cents for that cup of ice! Crazy! I guess they have to charge for the use of the cup? It can't be for the ice? The ice is frozen TAP water, and should not be charged. If I knew I was going to get charged for a cup of ice, then I would have picked the larger cup for ice.



I am driving to work on the highway with my cup of ice in one cup holder and the hot chocolate in the other cup holder. I get my first sip of the hot chocolate when I pull up to work, it has cooled off since then and I didn't even need the cup of ice!

Sitting at work now, sipping on my hot chocolate and drinking my melted 24 cent cup of ice. Refreshing.

No comments: