Friday, February 20, 2009

We've Come a Long Way Baby!

I am at 36 weeks, which also equals out to 255 days, or 9 months! Officially the due date calculates up to 40 weeks, which is actually 10 months or 280 days. Wow. This week will be 37 weeks (259 days) prego with you, baby. I can't wait to meet you. Your daddy, Andrew is vacuuming and getting the house prepped for your arrival. He has the nesting syndrome, I have a bit of it too, but no energy. Being prego, I get the joys of swollen feet, and being top heavy with my big, baby, belly. You should see me struggle to get up from sitting on the floor, it is pure entertainment.
There are some pet-peeves I have developed about people and their "sense of humor" during my pregnancy.

Pet-peeve #1
When are you due?
-March 25th...
Oh my birthday's is on the 12th, have her on the 12th...
OR... Oh my son's girlfriends birthday is the 23!

My thought is; Why should I care that your particular birthday is on this day and why should I have this baby on your birthday...I don't even know you?... I understand most people are just making small talk and they are strangers to me, but when I go through a day of ten or more people saying the same thing, it gets repetitive and annoying to me.

Pet-peeve #2
Wow, looks like you are going to pop! (jokingly, thinking they are being funny)
You're not going to make it till March!


This is SO RUDE for someone to say this to a pregnant woman. Hearing this ten or more times is getting annoying. This started up back when I was about 32 weeks prego. Let's tie in some logic to this rude comment they are saying. IF I was going to POP and not make it till my due date of the end of March...I would be delivering a baby at 32 weeks and it would be EIGHT weeks early and a premi. Think about it and then decide if you are being "funny" when choosing to say such comments.

Pet-peeve #3
You're so big, are you sure you are not having twins? I knew a lady who was surprised with twins, she thought she was just pregnant with one baby. The 2 babies were lined up in the ultra sound looking like one...OR they say, "the Dr only heard one heart beat, the babies were in sink together."

My response:
OK. What year were these twins born? Technology has changed to a more detailed out come. I have had 4 ultra sounds during my pregnancy and the baby wiggles around, to where I/Dr would see more than one baby in my womb. As for the heart beats being in sink, mistaking it for one baby is not possible either in 2009. My Doctor checks the heart beat with a microphone rubbed over my belly EACH visit. Maybe on one visit the "twins" heartbeat would be in sink and mistaken for one baby. BUT NOT AT EACH VISIT. There has always been just the one baby inside me. Arrg. I get so frustrated. Sorry, I am ranting on this blog today.

The people who have told me about the mistaken twins born, were born back in the day in the mid 1980's, and sooner before the technology of Ultra sounds were used. One was a gal at my work telling me about her friend who had the twins 35 years ago! The other, was a guy who's Aunt had the twins in the mid 80's... he calculated that his twin cousins are now 19 or so...

This is 2009! Technology has improved and has become more accurate. I am going to deliver ONE baby, and she will be due in March not now in February, and I am just now reaching the point of ready to "pop" now that I am at the safe zone of 37 weeks. Our baby's due date will also not be on your particular birthday. She will be born when she wants to be born and ready. My belly is also not all that big, in comparison to other pregos at the same week as me, the sizes are similar. People just don't know what a 37, 30, 25 or 20 week belly looks like in size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Martiel-
You look great-- no popping comments apply!!
People are SO annoying!! Now with that said, Michael's birthday is the 27th of March-- why don't you try for that day!?!?!

JUST KIDDING!!
-Janie