Thursday, August 13, 2009

Facebook Brings People Together.

After joining Facebook I have chatted with more old friends and new friends on a regular basis than I did with email or phone calls. This is a great medium to use to keep in touch with friends and family.

I am trying to tell my mom this, and have her join facebook. She can keep up with photos of her granddaughter Kara, and chat back and forth or keep in contact with her sister who is also on Facebook, and even get reconnected with old school friends, etc. The possibilities are endless. BUT my mom is being "stubborn" and is boycotting Facebook, based on the negative uses the news has reported about. There was the one news story of a woman and her daughter were teasing and tormenting another school girl on MySpace (website similar to Facebook) and that girl ended up killing herself. I believe that the woman went to jail for being involved in the girls suicide? But that is one side to Facebook and Myspace.

Facebook for me is not like that Myspace example at all. I am able to connect and chat with a wide range of people I know using one website. It is a great tool. Here is a sampling of my chats to others about baby Kara:

Martiel- "Kara was talking in her verbal sounds....she totally said Mmmaaa ma mom mmm... does that count? wish full thinking ;D"

New Topic:

Martiel- "Kara's little baby nostrils are too tiny to pick! has a little booger....she can't blow her nose lol how does she get the booger out? It's staring me in the face, this little baby nose and a booger!!!!
Verda - "use the blue aspirator - its shaped like a bulb on one end with a pointy tip (baby nostril size) on the other. great for vacuuming out baby boogers."
Martiel - "I forgot I even had that thing, I have two from the hospital...thanks Verda! There's so much to learn and odd little things like baby boogers...silly but I'm learning."
Mym - "the hospital bulbs are the best...put a few drops of saline (salt water) they have it pre-made for babies and let it soften the boogies and then use the bulb. if the boogie is right there but cant get it with your nail, use the tissue like you would, it will stick to the tissue like magic! good luck!"
Connie - "lol cute...I do know about the boogie sucker, they (babies) hate it but it works ...is it still there ?.....hope not...."
Martiel - I replied, "No the Booger is gone...I will def try the bulb next time though. That wont be the only booger she gets, lol. More to come...ahh the joys of motherhood!"
Connie - then said, "lol a boogie is nothing , wait til she wakes and paints her crib with poopie, and you see a bit around her mouth."

New topic:

Martiel - some how I've ended up with three diaper bags... a baby bottle in one and the formula in another...good thing all 3 bags were in the car when I was out with Kara, today.
Now we are home and settled in from running errands. I am so board, Kara is napping, Duke is at the groomers, and Daddy is at work...guess I'll take a nap too...but I'm not tired...
Shawn - Oooo I have an idea for some excitement...wake Kara up!!!! :)
Martiel - Good one Shawn.
Matrika - suggested, "Enjoy the silence while it lasts!"
Kim - Watch TV or a movie OR make a romantic dinner for Andrew. :) ...
Martiel - I am watching TV...hence the bored part! lol

New topic:

Martiel - Kara is 4 going on 5 months this Aug 23. Each new month is a beautiful experience. Right now she is blowing little bubbles and giggling, as her new talent. ;)
Sara - (her daughter) is 3 months now and growing so quickly. Time is so fast. It is amazing to see how much they change and learn in a short few months, huh?
Martiel - I know, every moment is so special. She is starting to grab everything now too. We think she is going to be left handed?

JOIN FACE BOOK MOM! Ignore the news stories and listen to your daughter. ;)

No comments: