Friday, August 07, 2009

Power Outage

Amazing what vast amount of power we use. I didn't really see how much power our house was using until the power went out for just a few minutes. After it went back on, I walked around the house and unplugged items that are not used all the time. There were 4 items plugged in and waisting energy. My coffee maker topped with dust was plugged in, as well as my phone charger, blender, and paper shredder. I can plug these items in as I use them and leave them unplugged the rest of the time. As I walked through the house searching for items to unplug, I did notice I have a lot of battery operated things which is saving on power.

Go green! Unplug items in your house that rarely get used. Also buy clocks with batteries instead of the plug kind to prevent having to run around the house setting the time on 4 different clocks!

No comments: