Monday, January 18, 2010

Let's Get the Girl Her DVD!

Door bell rings, the dog barks, I answer the door to a cute little girl holding a clip board and brochure to sell her Girl Scout Cookies. I decided to purchase one box of Thin Mints, $3.50. While I was filling out the cookie form, she tells me, "If I sell 1,000 cookies I get the DVD and ALL the prizes!" Cookie Sales have come a long way since I sold them as a Blue-bird. This was about 20 yrs ago when I sold cookies, door to door. Back then I was making a goal to sell a certain amount for a pink Dino stuffed animal and a Tootsie Roll brand piggy bank, that was filled with Tootsie Rolls. This girl is selling cookies for a DVD player! Sad to say, but, we didn't even know what a DVD player was back in the 1980's. Haha. Sometime at the end of February I will be getting my box of Thin Mints. I hope she makes her goal of 1,000 boxes to get all of the prizes!

I look forward to someday, Kara will be a Blue-bird or Girl Scout. She could go to camp and bond with the other girls. I look forward to so many adventures for Kara to grow up and get involved with.

No comments: