Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Renewal On Life Poem

I woke up this morning with such a new found feeling on our new adventures that are brewing up and moving back to California. We are in the midst of it all and packing away, with today as our last day in Omaha and then tomorrow, on Monday, the movers come and then we head out. Driving across country towards our next chapter in life together. My husband and I both grew up in California, and now it is time to raise our daughter there. It is such an awesome feeling to begin again, and move forward towards something that feels so right. I am overwhelmed with a sense of hope... and with God on our side, it is all working out so well.
So when I woke up, I was in the shower and this poem came to mind. I sat in my daughters rocking chair with a pad of paper and just wrote it all down.

Poem, On The Move By: Martiel Hay Jan 27, 2013
(read this with a rock star jingle in your head)

Got to pack it all away
for a rainy day
gotta get up and move
sing this song, our very own way
gotta get up and groove
I've got all day long
to pack away
pick up and move
the very next day.
pull it together
no matter what the weather
grab the keys
bring the dog along
and drive all day long
gotta get up and drive
all the way from 680
to the 405
I feel so alive
with God in my heart
we are on a fresh new start
I love my man
I love our girl
I love our dog,
Take them for a ride
along the country side
pick and move
we'll be dancing again
to this new groove
Cal-i-for-ni- A
here we come, the very next day!



No comments: