Monday, February 27, 2006

I am a late bloomer to Starbucks

OK so Starbucks is on every corner and in every hidden location on earth! I can't go to the local Kroger Grocery Store with out seeing a Starbucks inside waiting for me to swing by and order something. I guess I never was big on Starbucks, when I had other cafes to shop from. Mainly their competitor Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf! I like them more than Starbucks. Now that I live here away from the local Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Starbucks is more readily available. I slowly turned to Starbucks, back when I was doing temp work at the Disney Studio back home. There is a Starbucks in the court yard which included sandwiches there, for lunch. This Starbucks location has the best turkey sandwiches with pesto sauce. But the sandwiches were only at select locations. Not all Starbucks are the same, some are just coffee, and sweet Danishes, and others are more elaborate adding on yogurts, sandwiches, and fruit cups. After loosing the sandwich connection to Starbucks I lost a need to go there.

Now I am here in Ohio, with no Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf near by. I have Panera Bread for their Caramel Lattes or Starbucks all around to get coffee. I thought I would grab a Tall, White Chocolate, Mocha, Frapucino while I was at my local Kroger. The gal there asks me the magic marketing phrase, "what else would you like to get?" I then think about a sweet treat in the display case. I choose the Chocolate-chip Toffee Bar. My new favorite Starbucks item, YUMMMY in my tummy! The Chocolate Toffee Bar is similar to a giant chocolate chip cookie, but with Toffee chunks added in and it is shaped like a bar, instead of a cookie shape. I took a photo of this Starbucks delight, for you to drool over.

This Chocolate chip toffee bar is so rich and definitely not a healthy choice for my mid-day snack, this is more of a pig out and enjoy Starbucks moment for a mid day snack. Once again-Yummy in my tummy!

Please leave a comment on what your favorite Starbucks item is; maybe I will try it out. I am giving Starbucks a double shot. No pun intended really, I mean as in trying it once more to win me over. I liked Starbucks when there were sandwiches to order from and now I like the Chocolate chip toffee bar mid-day snack idea.

No comments: