Monday, February 13, 2006

Tomato Halves Recipe


I am posting this recipe for a fellow blogger, ( http://houseofbabes.blogspot.com/ ), who tried making Stuffed tomatos from a recipe found in an old 1970s cook book she had. Her recipe includes mini hotdogs stuffed in there (YUK!) and so I have a recipe that is similar and tastes good. I call it Tomato Halves, something my dad makes that I have always liked.
The photo of this includes the rest of the dinner I had made that night, of Salmon, and Potato pancakes along with the tomato half.

Tomato Halves:

Two large, round, tomatos (serving size 4) cut in half
Place on cookie sheet close together to not roll around,
*a muffin tin works well holding each tomato half in place*
drizzle some olive oil over the cut tomatoes
sprinkle garlic salt
top with bread crumbs
and shredded cheese (optional)

bake in oven 375 until golden brown on top or cheese melts, 3-5 minutes.
You can peak through the window of the oven door to keep an eye on them.

There you have it! A lovely side dish to make with dinner.

3 comments:

Pinterest Failures said...

Yeah--your's definitely sounds better. There's something about olive oil that makes a dish so classy. That, and the absense of hotdogs.

Martiel said...

I have a photo on there now to see th tomato halves. Tastes good.

Pinterest Failures said...

YUM!