Thursday, February 23, 2006

Pet Cemetery

About 10 + years ago my family had a garage sale and at the end of the garage sale my little brother and I split up the earnings, which was a lot of money for us. Later we went to Albertsons to go grocery shopping with dad, out in front of the store was adopt-a-pet day. There were cats to adopt and my brother and I saw this one calico cat we both liked so much, and dad said we could adopt the kitty if we paid for it with the garage sale money. We talked it over and both put our money together to adopt the kitty. My brother was about 9 and I was 15 years old when we did this. When we got home we showed my mom the new kitty and had to name her and Robert came up with an insanely long name for it, which then became shortened to Taby. Its full name was (by sounding it out) Tabi-theana-mahasa-pina-pedalon! Taby was a cute kitty which my dad grew to liking the most, it would sleep by his feet at night and sit in his lap to be petted. Taby would chase the blue jays in the trees by our house, and was so fun to watch.

I was just informed through email by my dad that Taby is "sleeping" in the front yard under a rock, up by our other old cat, Puna, who died years ago. So now my parents don't have any pets left. I was so sad to read that email. I will miss my Taby cat, may she be happy in kitty heaven, with all the other cats we have lost over the years. I have gone through allot of pets now that I look back on it.

My family has had over the last 20+ years:
2 ducks (Daffy and Donald)
4 Cats (Ophelia, Puna, Lucy, Taby)
3 birds (parakeets yellow, blue, and white forget names)
Tad poles that turned into frogs, and then let them go
4 different snakes one ate mice, others gold fish (speedy,?,?,?)
2 cats that were my grandmas (Daisy and Mickey)
1 cat with Andrew (Rainy)
2 fighter fish (Cloey, Mr. Fish)
Some Gold fish here and there over the years
20 pets all together, wild! Each one unique, all fun pets to have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when we decided on the name Tabby for the cat, robert piped up, 'and we can call her Tabathina Mehasapedapedalon for short' - we all looked at him & said Whaaat? robert has always been a graet fan of The Simpsons and informed us that the last name was the same as Abu's - the quiky mart manager

also, out best snake pet was Melissa, a garter snake who used to hang out in our pockets & sleeves & hung out on robert like a necktie while he rode his bike - she was a very friendly snake who liked living on the edge

gats

Martiel said...

OH yeah the snakes name was Melissa! How can forget her name like that!? All I could remember was the snake named Speedy, a little garder snake, Melissa was a larger snake.