Tuesday, December 18, 2007

5 inches of snow here in St Louis

There was snow fall over the weekend. On Saturday the snow was continuous through out the day and never let up. I was at work that evening, and my car was covered in 5 inches of snow! It was 11:30 at night I started to clear off my car but gave up because my solks were getting wet and cold feet, the snow was ankle deep.

Luckily I work at a hotel and any coworkers, such as myself, who were stranded from the snow could stay in a room for free. I decided to stay and my supervisor upgraded me to the nice rooms, King size even! SHHH! Other coworkers got the standard rooms and in double beds. When the hotel gives up rooms to employees, they are usually given the standard rooms in the back hall way or corner, to keep the "good" rooms available for the guests. By the time I decided to get a room for the night it was already 11:50 almost midnight and we were had more of the upgraded rooms than the standard rooms available. My supervisor put a few of us over there to reserve the standard rooms for any walk-in guests buying a room for the night.

SCORE! King size room for little ol' me! Woo Hoo. It was very nice, but boring at the same time. There was not much on tv to watch and I didn't want to go to sleep quite yet. Andrew called me on my cell phone to wish me good night, I told him to say good night to Duke for me. I missed them both. Being that I was at work earlier, all I had on me was my work uniform and winter coat. I didn't have a change of solks, toothbrush, etc with me. I took a complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste, from the front desk. I also grabbed a travel size box of detergant to hand wash my clothes in the bathroom sink.

Everything worked out and I slept in till 10 am the next morning. I ended up staying at the hotel instead of going home because I had to go to work agian at 3 pm that Sunday. After work Sunday it is 11:30 pm agian and this time I was able to clear off all of the snow from my car and the roads cleared up by then also. I was so happy to drive back home.

When I walked in the door, Duke was all smiles and I gave Andrew a big hug and petted Duke. Back home in my comfortable surroundings! Although it was fun hanging out in the hotel room for free, but it does not compare to the comforts of home.

No comments: