Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas was fun, Duke loved it

Back when I put up the christmas tree and decorated the house, I set out some christmas stuffed animals on a chair. One is a knitted Santa Clause from my childhood and the other a small, Garfield in a Santa outfit. The Garfield came with a box of chocolates, Andrew gave me on our first Christmas together. I kept the Garfield ever since and put it out with the rest of my Christmas Decorations.

This year was our first year having our dog, Duke. He found my Santa Garfield and thought it was for a toy for him. The morning that I saw Duke with MY Garfield, I had to make the big desicion to give it up and let Duke enjoy it as his own toy. BUT HE CAN'T HAVE MY KNITTED SANTA CLAUSE! I quickley put the knitted Santa up higher where Duke would not get it. He carried the Garfield all around the house, cuddled with it and even played tug a war with Andrew.

A few weeks passed and Garfield lost his Santa hat, leaving him bald. Duke pulled on the hat durring tug a war. Then the stuffing started to come out where there was a rip in the seem of Garfields head. I did some surgery on him with a needle and thread. Duke was so cute while I was stiching up Garfield, he would wag his tail, in axiousness and worry...hoping that I could save his Garfield. He was whimpering and wondering why I took it away from him and why I was poking Garfield with a needle! I could only imagine what was going on in Dukes mind watching me fix it up. Duke took the Garfield back and carried it in his mouth....trotted down stairs to his corner to cuddle with HIS Garfield.

Merry Christmas Duke, my adorable doggy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW cute those pictures are of your doggy! How fun!
Leona