Friday, December 07, 2007

Our 1st Snow Fall of the Season!

On December 6th, 2007 it started snowing, for the first time this winter. The snow came later than usual. There is a difference between snow and rain, where with rain I can hear the rain drops hitting the roof and pitter patter on the deck; with snow it falls quietly and with out a notice. I was sitting in my living room, not aware of the snow, all curled up on the sofa watching tv. I got up to let Duke back in from being out in the back yard. Poor dog was damp from the snow. I walked over to the sliding, glass door and looked out to my deck to see the snow, and by then the snow was falling like little beebee size ice like from a beebee gun. Duke came up to the deck and tried to lick the snow/ice up. He was so funny! Duke was biting at the deck and trying to break away the ice and eating the bits of cold snow! Then I saw my hammock had some snow on it, so I walk over to the hammock to brush the snow off, and it was all frozen to the hammock. The snow was a thin sheet of ice everywhere.

The next morning the sun comes out and the snow/ice is melting away. I let Duke go outside and when he came back in he was all wet from the melting snow. Grabbing a towel to dry him off he sat patiently while he was rubbed dry. Then he followed me to my bathroom where I finished blowdrying my hair. I decided to use the blowdryer on Duke and he loved the warm air blowing on him. He was so cute. I thought he would be afraid of the sound the blowdryer made, scince he is afraid of the vacume, when ever it is turned on.

I believe this is Dukes first snow experience, and he did very well, and seemed to enjoy the snow.

No comments: