Sunday, October 26, 2008

It all started with a light up pumpkin!

I woke up Friday morning, it was 8am, and rushed outside to put out the trash and recycling before the trucks came by. While I was outside I decided to set up my halloween decorations. Getting out the light up pumpkin I needed an extention cord to go from the porch to the garage, only to find the plug is on the ceiling!!! It is still not plugged in, because I cant reach the outlet, I will have to have Andrew fiddle with plugging it in. Then on the porch I was looking at my doorway thinking about putting up fake cobwebs, only to find actual cobwebs on my doorframe! ICK! I got a broom out and swept it off, then looked at my porch and started sweeping the leaves off of there, then the leaves were on the steps, swept the steps...leading to me sweeping the whole driveway into a pile of leaves! THEN! I figured that I might as well rake the front lawn too. I ended up with 3 piles of leaves raked up.

While I was raking the leaves, a dog was hanging out with a lost, wondering look on her face. I checked her collar for an address. Grabbed Dukes leash to walk the dog back to her home. I thought the street was a few blocks by my house, and could run her over there. Then I couldn't find the street. I asked a neighbor if she knew where the street was? She didn't, so she called the number on the collar to contact Dakottas owner. The owner stopped by shortly after to pick the dog up.

Then Andrew asks me at the end of the day, "Did you walk Duke at all?" I reply, "No, but walked someone elses dog..."

Coming around full circle, it is now Sunday morning and I ask Andrew, as I am getting ready for work for him to plug the extention cord into the garage ceiling. He is half asleep still, and replies, "No I am sleeping." I then say, "I meant after you get up can you do this sometime this afternoon?" He replies back with a yawn, "No I'm going to sleep ALLLL day." Andrew was so cute talking while half asleep. I wish I got it on camera, he was too funny!

No comments: