Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's 4:51 in the MORNING!

I am so excited! I can't sleep and am wide awake, at 4:30 am, trying to go back to sleep, now it's 4:51 am. This sort of feeling of "can't sleep, too excited...where is the fast forward button?" only happens to me here and there. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait till Christmas Morning and would be wide awake, antsy to open presents or look in my stocking to see what Santa brought me. Then my dad would wake up first and start to make breakfast in the kitchen. It was the sizzling bacon, buttery pancakes, and the sound of his coffee pot whistling, that would be the sign to get up... it is Christmas morning, rise and shine! I would also get this cannot sleep feeling of excitement when my Daddy Kenny would come into town to visit. I would wait for my mom to take us into San Luis to pick him up at the train station or wait on the front porch, for his car to come driving up my street. We would have so much fun while he was in town visiting. Another occasion like this can't sleep feeling would always be the First Day of School, no matter what grade it was, it would be the excitement of wearing my new school clothes, seeing my friends after a long summer break, etc.



So this morning I have that same feeling of Can't sleep, I am too excited! My older brother Jeff is in town on a business trip and we (Andrew and I) are meeting up with him tonight to have dinner! I have to wait ALL day to see him though. All of these other events are morning related and not drawn out with anticipation. This morning I will go to my Doctors appointment, then in the afternoon have lunch with some friends, go home carve a pumpkin for the pumpkin caring contest at my work, take Duke on a 1/2 hour walk, watch some TV to kill the time, and THEN it will be evening time to see Jeff! The excitement of sizzling bacon, sitting on the front porch, and wearing my new school clothes will be finally here!



I haven't seen my brother in 6 years!?!!? Can you believe it? Since our Wedding in Westlake, CA. 2002! This is a big gap in time, but so happy to see him. I just wish my little Nephew and Sister-in-law were with him, to be able to see them too! Andrew and I will have to make a trip out to NY next year after the baby is born to visit them all. We also have to make a trip out to Oregon to see all my cousins, and my Aunt & Uncle, whom I have not visited in a long while either! My family is spread out everywhere, we just need to make a reunion somewhere to see everyone all at once! How about here in MO, we can do a meet the new baby reunion in 2009/10.

1 comment:

Leona said...

I thought you were going to say you were going today to your ultra sound appt!! I cant wait to hear the news of a BOY OR GIRL:)
Have a fun time tonight!!