Thursday, October 09, 2008

Pregnancy frustrations

Stop telling me to watch my wieght, people! I am getting tired of all the preggy comments!

This is my bitchfest blog post...

I am at 17 weeks (4 months and 1 wk). Most of my coworkers are looking at the size of my preg. belly and saying how big it is getting so soon...(Hello!? I am 4 months prego!) Of course I will have a belly now, there is a baby inside me taking up all that space, growing!

My supervisor came into work and the first thing she says to me, "Hun you may be gaining weight too fast? your belly has gotten big" So I got currious, AM I GAINING TO QUICKLY?

So I looked online to see the wieght gain rate I should be at and I am right on target with suggested time line of wieght gain.

This site: http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramidmoms/pregnancy_weight_gain_print.html

suggests: the first 2-3 months is to gain 2-4 lbs. THEN 3 to 4 lbs EACH month from 4 months to 9 months!!! SO THERE! I have gained 9 lbs thus far and am at the 4 month mark...it all checks out. I am also eating healthy and snacking often to keep feeding the baby, and I also drink plenty of water.

So stop with the comments, my prego belly is right at the size it needs to be at!!!!!! ARG!

3 comments:

Leona said...

Oh no! That is so rude that people would actually tell you this! You need to talk to my friend (her blog is on my blog, "in other words" thats her blog), she has five kids with one on the way, and she gets HUGE FAST, but she is HEALTHY!
Tell those people that pregnancy is NOT text book, and that you need to do what YOU need to do!
Other then rude people, How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Martiel-
Pay no attention to them!! You look great and this should be a time in your life that weight should NOT be a big issue. I mean really!! If your doctor is happy with your progress than you should be happy. The other losers should be told to mind their own waistlines!!!
Hope you are feeling well and still enjoying your pregnancy despite the idiocy.
-Janie

Anonymous said...

yeah, people have the weirdest ideas about pregnancy, but i'm sure their heart is in the right place and they just want to be helpful, but yeah, it can be annoying

gats