Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Contest @ Work


At my work today there is a pumpkin carving contest going on. I work at a hotel, so the pumpkins are all displayed in the lobby for the hotel guests to vote on. The categories are for: Most Scariest, Most Unusual, Most Traditional, and Most Creative!

Being pregnant it has been an ongoing guess among coworkers as to what I am having; either a boy or girl. Most people are guessing that I am having a GIRL! We don't officially find out the sex of the baby until November 5th on Wednesday. So for my pumpkin, I carved out the phrase, "It's a girl." At home when I was carving the pumpkin, I thought it was pretty cleaver, and funny. Now that it is out on display with all the other pumpkins, it doesn't really make sense...unless I stand by it all day, for the guests to understand while they are voting, that the carver of that pumpkin is PREGNANT! Ugh! Oh well. I thought it was funny.



There are some really cool and creative pumpkins on display. The guy from security carved a skull face leaving half of it carved back on the skin layer. The gal from accounting cut the pumpkin in half to have a flat surface and painted it black sticking pipe cleaners in the sides to make the pumpkin look like a Spider!


The lady from upstairs in the concierge lounge decorated hers to look like Kieth Ledgers character from Batman as the Joker! So cool!!! One of the gals in Banquets transformed her pumpkin into a Starbucks coffee maker and had props displayed around it to look like a coffee station set up.

All the pumpkins turned out so well and I am so impressed by the creativity everyone has. I wish now that I stuck to carving out a peace sign to keep it simple and unusual/creative.

1 comment:

Leona said...

Cant wait to see the pictures!
Hey go over to my blog, I gave you a blog award!!!!!!!! Go claim it and put it up!!