Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's Snowing Outside!

I would never now it is snowing, unless I peek out the window or go outside. 11 O'clock rolls around and Duke wants to be let out. Walking up to the sliding glass door, I see snow! I am still getting use to the snow and living in an area where it could just pop up any time during the winter. Snow is not like rain, where I can hear the rain go pitter-patter on the roof or windows. Also when there is rain, usually thunder follows to hear it too. But with Snow, it is silent. Snow sneaks in and blankets the landscape and roads with a white, soft, cover. I can't hear the snow fall and there is not a pitter-patter or a roar of thunder following.

The snow is so pretty. Here in St. Louis, we have not had much of it this winter. This is maybe the 2nd snow fall; the 1st one was not even enough to stick around and shovel off of the driveway.

I'm going to the kitchen now to make a hot cup of Apple Cider, then sit on my window seat and watch the snow fall. So relaxing. Enjoy your 80 degree weather for all my blog readers back home in California! Come visit us, and we can make snow angels on the front lawn!

No comments: