Monday, September 26, 2011

Savey Shopper!

I love watches and am very particular to how they look and what features are on the watch. I really rely on the watch having a date displayed, and also like the watch to have an easy clasp to take on and off. Surprisingly it is hard to find those two features on one watch and for it to be attractive on my wrist. I had been looking around for the perfect watch for about a year, since 2009 actually. In 2010 I started seeing watches in a pretty rose gold metal. I really liked this new trend and kept an eye out for my perfect watch to also now be in rose gold color. This was getting harder to find.

Around the fall of 2010, I was at the mall with my friend, Julie, and we walk past the store window display at the Fossil store. The watch on display caught my eye. I went inside to try it on and see how much it was. This watch had all the features I was looking for, and it fit nicely on my wrist! Only the watch was $105 bucks. It was not too expensive, but expensive enough to where I had to wait and budget for that, or look online for the same watch at a cheaper price. Until then, I kept an eye out for other watches I may like. No other watch was as good at the Fossil watch I was saving up for.

Andrew and I have been credit card free for 3 years or more and have been really good with budgeting and using an "envelope system" that we learned from Dave Ramsey. (That's a whole other blog to talk about that!) With this envelope system we budget our money every 2 weeks and work in items we are wanting to get, by moving amounts around and cutting back. My watch was now this item that we needed to fit into the budget and save up $105. In the mean time we also looked on Ebay and Amazon websites for the watch to be sold for less. Seems like I would get close to getting this watch and then other items came into play that were more important to pay for and budget out...like getting our trees in the front yard chopped down...that pushed my watch money back even more!

So August rolls around and the watch is on amazon.com for $89 I couldn't believe it! I was so excited and it had free shipping! Andrew said let's get this now, and order it for your birthday! It was a perfect time to finally get my pretty, rose gold, watch with easy to use clasp, and date display!


A few years back I was shopping at Marshall's discount department store and saw a Kenneth Cole watch that I liked. The price tag mentions how much the item regularly was sold for and then the discounted price that Marshall's is selling it for. This particular watch was regularly $195 and selling for $29. I bought the watch then and there, I didn't have to wait to budget my money for that Savey Shopper find!

No comments: