Friday, September 02, 2011

The Trickle Down Effect

(NOTE: This post is from March 2011 I never finished it and found in my blogs to edit...)

Thanks to the trickle down effect, I got to work on time! I would have actually been an hour late this year. In past years for both the "fall back" and "spring forward" I have been good to switch my clocks in the house the night before as I am getting ready for bed. This year I completely forgot about the time change. I even had to be at work this morning at 7am, meaning that I wake up at O-dark thirty! The only reason I even woke up this morning was from my cell phone alarm going off.

Here is how it played out. Usually my cell phone is in the kitchen being charged overnight and plugged in. I don't usually use an alarm setting on my phone. Last Friday I was walking around the lake with my friend, Carissa. She is 9 months pregnant and ready to give birth any day now. Walking around the lake was to help get labor encouraged but it didn't work. Knowing that she is going to call me any day now, saying she is going into labor; I just knew to keep my cell close to me. So because of this I have actually had my cell charging overnight in my room and decided to try my cell alarm. With daylight savings time switching on my cell automatically it turned over to the correct time. I woke to the alarm and saw it was "4:30" being actually 5:30! I was an hour early to wake but at the same time on time to wake at the 5:30 real time. So I hop out of bed, get ready and go into work!

If it weren't for my prego friends due date being so close, I would have not charged my phone in my room. And because of it being charged in my room I happened to set the alarm, which I never do on my cell. Then I was on time to work. If non of this occurred, then I would have been an hour late to work! See how it all trickles down to it all connecting like this?! Pretty neat.

No comments: