Saturday, May 06, 2006

Don't Let Thier Cuteness Con You!

This morning on my way home from the dentist cleaning, I drove up to a "huge garage sale” as the sign says... The garage sale has all baby/toddler stuff for sale. I didn't fall into their target market apparently because I don't have any kids yet. At the foot of the drive way there is a Kool-Aid Stand ~ 25 cents for a cup of grape Kool-Aid. I couldn't pass this up, the brother and sister team were selling their Kool-Aid but I didn't have a quarter on me, so I pull out a dollar. I ask the girl if she had change, she responds back with this blank look on her face like she doesn't know why I would want change, grabs a cup and pours me some grape Kool-Aid, and I ask again, "how about I give you a dollar and you give me 50 cents?" So I was even throwing in an extra quarter for the drink...again she just looked cute and innocent. I gave up, gave her my entire dollar for the cup of Kool-Aid, and walked back to my car.

As I was getting into the car, I heard her run to her mom and say, "Mom look we got a whole dollar!"

She conned me with their cuteness! I paid $1 for a 25 cent cup of grape Kool-Aid. She will be rich by the end of the day!

(Leave a comment)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like your illustration - maybe she was too young to understand the concept of 'change' (i hope) lol - gats