Sunday, May 28, 2006

frog maiting season agian!


The frogs are at it again! Moaning real load, and sound like a vacume cleaner! If I could insert a sound bite to this blog-post recording how noticable this is, I would. The frogs moaning is loader at night when we are trying to go to sleep. They sit on the rocks boardering the pond outside ( see photo above) moaning a load hummm to each other. Did I mention they are load? :)

Andrew and I moved here last year, in June, and noticed the frogs back then, coming to a conclusion that it was probably mating season for the frogs. I can confirm this, now that we are days away from June, and the frog moaning has started once again. The rest of the year the frogs are quiet and go with out notice. I need to get some sleep, "BE QUIET FROGS!"

Photo taken by: Martiel
leave a comment of the night noise you have at your home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we used to have cute tree frogs at the la jolla house but they were never that loud - remember when they used to pop in while we were taking a bath?

gats ;:P

Martiel said...

LOL, anyone else reading the first comment from GATS, is probably reading the bath part strangly???

I was 4 years old, and "gats" is my mom. The bathroom was separate from the one story house we lived in, and was out with the laundry room, in the back yard. So an occational tree frog came in through the bottom gap of the door to the bathroom.

I do remember the froggies, gats!

LOL