Saturday, August 19, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

It is official! Mark this day in history, August 19th, 2006. I am 28 and it feels great!
Hosted by SparkleTags.com
Hosted by Sparkle Tags

So many people, women mostly, turn 30 something or more and they either lie about their age and say that they are 27-29, or say they wish they were 28 again... Well I am that age number now and it does feel good. Twenty-eight, the age most people say they want to be, the age of before they are 30+. It is strange to be the age everyone is striving to relive. I am in a good point in life; 28 is a good age, I just hope I enjoy this age number to it's fullest since it sounds like such a great age to be at. I hope to enjoy every age number I experience. The golden age of 50 will be great and turning the age of retirement (65?) will be nice, and hopefully I will be in good health on my 100th birthday too.


I think I have lived through a couple of memorable age numbers.

6 is when I was a big girl and started elementary school, also my little brother was born, turning me into the "big sister" I felt very special at age 6.

12 going into 13. I remember making a paper chain to count down the days to when I turned 13! 13 is the age that symbolizes me as an "official teenager", and I was no longer a "kid." thir-TEEN!

19 is when I started dating Andrew. Another great part to being 19 almost 21, some drinking of the beverages (water of course), and just being in college together.

22 I went to Korea and upgraded my flight last minute to first class! I had only been to Mexico before that, and we were young, and wanted to enjoy our 12 hour flight to Korea. I had never flown 1st class before, or ever since. Probably because my recent flights are all 2 hours at most, and I fly Southwest which doesn't even have the 1st class option.


23 and 24 was one complete age number for me to experience. The year didn’t have a stopping point. I was engaged to Andrew and was a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding two months before my own. Genoa and I had fun planning both weddings together and she was one of my bridesmaids as well. Every moment of 23-24 was fun, and romantic, and new hopes. After Genoa’s wedding then it was my birthday and I was turning 24 years old and getting married 12 days later! Then the holidays came around and these were the first holidays celebrating as newly weds.

27 is when we made a huge change in our lives by moving out of state away from California. California is where both of us grew up, our lives were molded there and we didn’t know anything about living in the snow, or Ohio. We were introduced that year to a whole new lifestyle change and also to our new career changes.

28 I will have to see what defining moments this age number brings me. Maybe we will be first time home buyers at age 28? Or finalizing all college education, to move onto the next step of clarifying where I want to go in a career direction. We are Missourians now at the ripe young age of 28, and ready to enjoy what life gives me.

Hosted by SparkleTags.com
Hosted by Sparkle Tags

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sweetie pie - gats

Martiel said...

I got the pot holder in the mail! Yay! Thanks Mom.