Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What the HECK is going on!?!?

I woke up around 8:00am to some loud ruckus coming from the apartment above me. The noise also sounded like it was coming from outside? I peek out my window and don't see anything, lay in bed a while longer, the ruckus is still going on at 8:45! Get out of bed, I needed to start my day anyway, and look out the other window in the spare bedroom. I saw a pile of furniture and a BBQ (with the coals) all on the ground outside! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!??? Then I saw a guy from above throw a pillow down onto the pile, I jumped to the conclusion that this was a jealous husband, or a neighbor who just snapped and was going buzzerk! Not sure with what was happening, I called the apartment office and told them they need to get over here quickly, my neighbor has lost it, he is throwing stuff over the balcony out side making a huge mess and it doesn't seem right. She then told me that the maintenance guys are over there cleaning out an apartment, but didn't know they were chucking stuff over the balcony like that. So this wasn't a jealous boyfriend or some crazy man living up stairs above my apartment.


I looked out the window again and was watching them throw stuff over, and seeing it all just land in the ever growing pile of abandoned stuff! The guy said that the people who use to live in the apartment have been gone for 5 weeks straight, and never came back. The people just upped and left, leaving everything behind. The maintenance men are now there to clear it all out and have to have the apartment ready for others to move in by next Wednesday! WILD!

So I am watching them throw things out, and I see an Ab Lounge, SCORE! I asked if I could have it and they said, “Why not it is all going to be thrown out, anyway.” AUSOME! The Ab lounge is sold at stores for $100 and I have also seen it on infomercials and I have always wanted one, but thought it was too expensive to bother. But if it is free and Elvis has left the building then hey, I get a free Ab Lounge!

Thanks to abandoned furniture in the apartment above me, I will have Abs of steel in no time! LOL.

This was the highlight of my day, to what started out as a rude awakening.

Photos to come, as soon as BLOG will let me post them, I am having technical difficulty.
Leave a comment with what item you have scored in the past for free! I want to know.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Hey, congrats on the free exercise equipment!

How do you like our city?! C