Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Once upon a time...

I dedicate this short story blog to my long time friend, Genoa. She remembers being in a class together in grade school where we were given a time limit to write a short story; and how I couldn't think of anything to write so I wrote down something like, "once upon a time, there was a girl...The end!" I couldn't think of anything to write and I was only given a short time to make something up! So here it is about 20 years later and I wrote this short story in 15 minutes, just for you Genoa.


Once upon a time there was a boy and a girl. The boy went off to the distant land of New York, to train for his new job for 7 weeks; while the girl stayed in the land of Ohio.

One day, on a sunny afternoon, the girl meet up with not one but two princes; named mover 1 and mover 2. They started an adventure off to the far off land of Missouri. Prince mover 1 and Prince mover 2 unloaded all of her belongings into the new castle. When the two Princes were finished they set off in their long white carriage back to Ohio to help out the next damsel in distress.

The girl was left all alone in the new castle, left to unpack and fend for herself until the day comes to where the boy and the girl are together once again.

The boy calls the girl each night to wish her sweet dreams, and calls her during the day to check in on her and see that she is safe and ok in her new Kingdom.

Soon the boy and the girl will be reunited in the magical land of Missouri, where they will live in their castle together, happily ever after.


The End


*cartoon of Andrew and Martiel~ drawn by a cartoonist at the PHC holiday party, Dec. 2005.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Martiel!!! Your writing skills have really come along. (: This a beautiful story, and I can't wait until you and Andrew are reunited in your castle. Love yah!
BFF since pre-school.
Love,
Genner Bug

Martiel said...

Genner-Bug!

I am glad you liked my short story. Andrew will be back next week, I can't wait.

Marty