Monday, November 27, 2006

Andrew Takes Out the Trash

It was Sunday night and I started cooking dinner, while Andrew took out the trash. He comes back and walks in saying, "Martiel, guess what? Our prayers have been answered!" I was confused, what could have happened in the small distance from taking the trash out to the dumpster and back, with in a few minutes time??? He just said to come out side with him, quick! So I left the dinner simmering on the stove to go find out what he was up to.

There was a desk out by the dumpster, destined for us of course! I didn't know what to think when he said our prayers had been answered? A little exaggerated, I know. To Andrew, this was like finding gold. He was so cute, and excited. The past year or so we wanted another desk but kept on putting off buying one, and were waiting to move from OH to MO, now we are in MO still not quite buying a desk, and still putting it off.

Now there is a FREE desk, in good condition, with drawer space, and even matches a spare chair we have, just sitting there waiting for us to discover it and take it in off the streets. You know me and F-R-E-E; in a previous blog I posted about the free Ab-Lounge I got. FREE is good. Here is a picture of Andrew's big find.
I have to say thank you again to the two guys who helped us carry it up the stairs. When Andrew and I decided to bring the desk back to the apartment, I was struggling to help carry it up. Two guys were out side and help Andrew carry the desk up the rest of the way. Thanks guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!! Nice find!!! It looks like its in really nice shape!
Glad to hear your Thanksgiving went well- ours was kind of quiet too- we had a total of three of us at our house and later brought Thanksgiving to M's mom and step-father (he was recovering from surgery).
Did you get any bargains on 'Black Friday'? We were out at 4:40am!!! You know me and finding a good deal.....
Talk to you soon!!
-Janie