Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

This was our first Thanksgiving living in Missouri. Since we are waiting to go home for Christmas it was just the two of us this year for Thanksgiving. Well this left us with not much of a feast being only 2 people, and no family in the area. I didn't want to try cooking all of the "fixings" by myself and in small proportions, so I looked into restaurants that would be open and serving TG dinner. Looking online there was a restaurant Boston Market, which I actually thought they were just the frozen meal brand at the grocery store; I did not realize they are also a restaurant? I called them up and they are serving dinner on Thanksgiving, BUT they close at 6pm? That was odd, so I kept looking, called Applebee's and they would be closed that night. Here it was Wednesday and I still didn't know where we would go to have a TG meal. I was so homesick and sad, and my coworker suggested Home Town Buffet! Of course this place would be perfect, to eat Thanksgiving dinner, and they are open and serving the traditional fixings at their buffet.





All week long people at work were talking about their holiday plans and cooking and having family over. A gal asks me what my plans are for Turkey Day. I told her and the others during lunch break that we decided to go to Home Town Buffet! (With a smile on my face) Then she replies back, "that’s just sad!" HUH? Why? She says when she pictures people going to a buffet for Thanksgiving dinner, "it is a divorced father and he has the kids that weekend and burns the turkey, and plan B they go to Home Town Buffet and eat Thanksgiving Dinner there!"


Thank you for painting a beautiful family dinner for me at HTB, but that image is not my family. My family consists of Andrew and me a total of two people and we want to eat a "home cooked meal, with 2nd or 3rd helpings for Thanksgiving. The solution is Home Town Buffet $10 a person all we can eat, $22 total AND no dishes to clean up afterwards. It was a lovely Thanksgiving night together, and a good kick off to a 4 day weekend.

Photo of Martiel and Andrew taken by auto-timer
Food photos provided by http://www.hometownbuffet.com/ourmenu.htm

No comments: