Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Felt Like a Junkie...

I tried Ebay for the first time and it was so addicting! I felt like a junkie...an Ebay junkie!

There is an MP4 player I have been wanting to get for a while now. Andrew told me about a website, to buy it through for a good deal. The site is http://www.newegg.com/ to search for products at discounted prices. I found the MP4 player on the site for $99 and did not buy it right away, because I wanted to check with Andrew first if that was a good price, and if I could buy it. My money is his money and his money is my money as well. We have a golden rule to not buy something over $100 with out letting the other know first, to agree on the big purchace. We have had this rule for a long time, and it works, it saves us money and saves us from impulse buys in the long run. He told me to go back to NewEgg.com and buy it online, it was a better deal than the same one I wanted to buy at Walmart for $189. By the time I went on the site, the Brown, Zune, 30 giga bite, MP4 player was too expensive...the price went up! Then I checked out other sites and could not find the Brown color avialable at all! I was bumbed out! I should have bought the brown one back when it was $99! The Zune hold photos, videos, songs and also tunes into FM radio. Side note: Apple Ipods do not have the FM radio feature! Zune is better.
Then I thought to try out EBAY! Typed in the words, "Zune Brown 30 GB" and a large variety is listed by bidding price and by when each bid is to end. I have never bought anything off EBAY before, I did not even have an account. I quickly learned how to use Ebay, which is very userfriendly by the way. Narrowed down the Zunes to 2 possible bids to keep track of, as well as a bid on the accessories. The accessories were sold separatly by another Ebayer including the wall charger, car charger, an arm band with protection case (photo below). I started my bidding, on the Zune Brown 30 GB (photo below), 4 days ago and would gradually check in on the progress of the price going up in bids.

Today was the final morning before final sale for both my Zune and the Zune accessories! I was on and off the computer every hour checking my bids. The accessories one went for $22.99 and I won that bid and it will now be shipped to me. SOOOOO, this means I HAVE to get the Zune now, since I have the accessories.

On the ebay screen where I watch the bid amount and the time count down, there is a refresh button. I kept on clicking the refresh button, like a junkie. I was clicking and my heart was racing, my eyeballs were bright eyed and glued to the screen, I was nervous that I would loose the bid and some one might out bid me! I set aside a maximum bid for $101.15 where ebay would automatically bid up to that amount dollar per dollar at a time as other bidders bidded. I HAVE TO WIN THIS ZUNE...I can taste it....just a little longer...come on...no more bids please! I am the winning bid, with 5 minutes 46 seconds to go! Refresh button...5 minutes 32 seconds... 5 minutes 19 seconds refresh refresh resfresh refresh refresh....1 minute 33 seconds to go till bidding ends. I am still in the lead and the bid is currently at 99 dollars and 15 cents! COME ON refresh button! 1 min 12 seconds! 58 seconds! 12 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!! refresh button! I won the bid. I just bought a Brown Zune MP4 30 GB from some guy in O'fallon, Missouri! WOOO-HOO! Only 15 cents more than the one I was going to buy off the other site. EBAY rocks! I am an Ebay junkie and I am feeling high off my winnings. I cannot wait to get the Zune and its accessories in the mail now! YAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! I randomly came across this post while looking for a Zune cover for my brown Zune! It cracked me up hearing you talk about the bidding at the end.. My heart races whenever I bid on something.. Sometimes you can get caught up in it at the end, and bid higher than you'd like, just because you'd like it haha.
Anyway I am glad you won both auctions.