Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fun times in KeyLargo!!!

Day one in Key Largo, we drove over to Anne's beach. The water her on the east coast is much more saltier than west coast beach water. Andrew and I were swimming around in the shallow waters and I inevitably got some water in my mouth, MAN WAS IT SALTY! Tasted like a cup of salt poured directly into my mouth. ICK! The theory to this, water evaporates quicker here with the humidity and is leaving all the salt behind. Verses the California beach water is cooler and doesn't evaporate as much, that it does not taste so salty.

The picture of the fountain is a giant “conch shell” The Florida Keys is all about Conch and Key lime pies stuff. Andrew ordered Conch soup for lunch, and I bought a conch shell from a shell shop. We haven’t tried the key lime pie yet. The conch shells are the kind of shell you can put up to your ear and listen to the sound of the ocean.

Here are some pictures of Andrew and I hanging out in the shallow waters, of Anne's Beach near Key Largo, FL.


The shalow waters range from knee deep to waist deep for miles.

Many of the mail boxes around the islands are creative like the fish bait one in the photo above. I took this pic to show my dad, he lives in a small, fish town. This type of mail box would be perfect for my parents house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are definitely Central Coast type mailboxes.