Thursday, June 12, 2008

Key Largo at the bird sanctuary

Here are some pictures I took at this Bird place we came across. Mostly of Pelicans and Cranes and Eagrets.










The pelicans blend into the ground well, and are not the prettiest birds around, but fasinating to see a bunch up close all at once. We had fun feeding the birds!
The colors vary by age of the bird, the younger birds are whiter and gradually get a brown belly as it gets older. this one is a "teenager"



At 3:30 it is time for bird feeding, we had the chance to feed the pelicans some fish.
Andrew taking his turn feeding fish to the birds.
My turn feeding the pelicans.
There is an excited birdy flappin his wings for me, "over here!" I want some fish!"


Beautifully posed, sometime they would stand there for a while, then all of the sudden the stretch out their neck and yawn, then clap their beeks together, making a clapping noise. Funny.




I pointed out a bird in the cage area called a "Brown Booby" (pic below)...
Andrew says, "Where? I want to see the Booby?"





At the end of the bird sanctuary there was a guy showing everyone this pretty orange snake. The snake color coordinated with Andrew's Hooters Tshirt, and with my ring.
Cool Snake.

wearing the snake as a neck tie...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I am having the best time 'with' you in Key Largo-- I feel like I get to be on a vacation too!!!
-Janie

PS- Beautiful ring!

Anonymous said...

O.o that is a pretty snake, looks like melisssssa only with more orange

gats